This week's Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie. So I wanted to list the 10 books I picked out for the 10 (book) Boy Summer. Basically, they're YA books written by men, with males as the main character. (Listed in the order I read them, not ranked) Links go to my review, or goodreads if I haven't reviewed the book yet.
1. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. More twists and turns than the first book.
2. The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan. Started out a little slow, but then got un-put-downable.
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. Didn't work for me, but they're making a movie out of it.
4. Bruiser by Neal Shusterman. Like nothing else I've read in YA, and I loved it.
5. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. This was crazy, and good, and crazy some more.
6. Paper Towns by John Green. I wasn't expecting to like this, but it was one of the most honest YA books I've read this year.
7. Mexican WhiteBoy by Matt de la Peña. There's a lot of baseball.
8. Happyface by Stephen Emond. This has pictures. Lots of funny pictures.
9. Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher. I just finished this last night, and it was a lot more intense than I was expecting.
10. Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi. This is the only one I haven't read yet, but it's a Printz Award winner, so I'm hoping to like it!