Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Friday!

The hops this week have some fun questions!

Both Follow Friday & TGIF have basically the same question, which is:

Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?). 


Taking it Personal: Which books have effected you on a personal level and lingered in your mind long after you closed the pages?

I just answered these when I was a featured blogger at The Book Base. Here were my answers.



I actually wasn’t a big reader growing up. I really liked the Choose Your Own Adventure books, especially The Secret of 13. I also really liked a short story called End of the Game by Julio Cortazar, although I forgot about it until I read his short stories again in college.

But the book that converted me to reading was The Hunger Games. I had to read a lot of things for school that I didn’t like or couldn’t relate to. THG was the first series that reminded me reading could be fun, with characters that thought or acted like I would. And now I’m hooked.


Book Blogger Hop
This week's Blogger Hop question is:

“What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?”

That's an easy one. Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I've seen a few reviews and everyone seems to like it even more than Anna and The French Kiss. And I really liked Anna. I can't wait to read it!

What would you like to read? Happy Friday! 

12 comments:

  1. GFC follower :) Lola and the Boy Next Door is on my TBR list! I can't wait to get it!

    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVED The Hunger Games. It got me into Dystopian books. Now I'm addicted!

    Trish @ Tales From...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to read Lola and the Boy Next Door. I adored Anna and the French Kiss and I can't wait to read more from Stephanie Perkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Hunger Games!!! Great pick :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. post all of the following including the signature to each and every blog at
    the Book Blogger hop:

    As with just about everything else, most people will be startled to learn which
    ARC I’m looking forward to the most.

    Shocked, possibly.

    So what’s the next ARC I’m looking forward to the most? The one I can’t stop thinking about?
    The one that gives me sweaty palms?

    Hop on over to my blog now and find out – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Choose Your Own Adventure books as well! I would cheat though. lol

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower, and my husband is an illustrator as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read many bloggers who also liked the hunger games.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just dropping by for the blog hop. I haven't heard of that book. Guess I need to go do a google search. :)

    My hop: http://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/08/if-i-could.html.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog hop! I'd love it if you'd follow back at one or all of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnecx.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think 'Lola' is on everyone's list. It's such torture waiting for it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New Follower!
    I loved Anna and the French Kiss, Etienne is the perfect boy: if only i knew someone like him!
    I would also have to go for the Clockwork Prince and The Faerie Ring, i want to read them so much.
    Anyways, stop by and say hi soon, i love meeting people :D
    Imo
    http://omnom-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait for Lola and the Boy Next Door! (: It took me long enough to read Anna and the French Kiss, I'm not going to wait as long for this one!
    -Katie @ Magic Is in Words

    ReplyDelete