Friday, August 26, 2011

Blog Hops

Book Blogger Hop

This week's Book Blogger Hop question is:

“Non-book-related this week!! Do you have pets?”

Ha, ha, ha, ha. No. I'm not much of a pet person, mostly because I have a toddler to take care of, and he's hard enough to feed, walk, and potty train. :) I'm also terrified of dogs. Like, I'll walk a different way if I see a dog out that isn't on a leash. (I got bit up pretty badly by a pit bull when I was 9, but I wasn't a big fan even before that)

This week's TGIF question is: 


Book Associations: 
Which genre, authors, or particular books do you think people associate with your reading style?

I know what I would want the answer to be... YA contemporary and dystopian for genres, and The Hunger Games for book. Because I love that book far more than I should. Did you know the trailer for the movie is coming out Sunday on MTV? Look at this second-long sneak peak.


But I also talk about Sweethearts by Sara Zarr and Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta a lot.



What book do you think people associate with you? Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Great answer! Toddlers are a lot of work. My twin niece and nephew just visited and they are a handful. I don't know how my sister does it!

    I'm not a fan of dogs. Much more of a cat person. But I'm allergic to both, so I keep fish instead.

    I like the cover you posted for Sara Zarr. I've heard lots of rave reviews for Jellicoe Road, but I tried to read it once, and just couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid of unleashed dogs too. I'm also afraid of big dogs that charge the fence when I walk by their yard. Are you afraid of little dogs too? I probably would be if I'd been bitten like you were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madigan, that stinks that you're allergic, especially when you would be a pet person otherwise!
    One of the things I love about blogging is reading everyone's different opinions on books.

    Jenni, it depends. If it's a barky little dog I'll usually stay away. My in laws have a couple of mellow little dogs that don't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toddlers are work! Dogs are like toddlers that never grow up. The two combined are a handful. I do have a dog and a cat. My husband always asks why we have them because they are more work than the 12 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel ya on the dog thing. I have two and one of them is allot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BookGal, I love it! I guess 12 year olds really do take less work than pets. :)

    Juju, we had a dog growing up and he really was a lot of work. Like, of the smelly, gross kind. But he was a good dog & I was sad when he died.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hopping by. I know alot of people that are afraid of dogs as well. They can be a handful especially when you have kids too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Sarah Zarr's Story of a Girl!! Haven't read Sweethearts yet. I also am a huge fan of The Hunger Games- yay for the rise of dystopian!
    Hmm...people would associate Matilda with me because my students think I look like Ms. Honey. They insisted on calling me that two years ago (these are sophomores in high school we're talking about).
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (relatively new, but old follower!)

    ReplyDelete