Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WWW Wednesday

Each week Should Be Reading hosts WWW Wednesday.
To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?




I'm currently reading two books - which just means I don't really like one of them. First, Mexican WhiteBoy by Matt de la Peña. This is for the 10 book boy summer.  I'm having a hard time relating to the characters but it's a short book, just under 250 pages, and I'm nearly done with it. Oh well.


The second is Supernaturally by Kiersten White. I'm not very far into it, but it's funny and a quick read and just as good as Paranormalcy. Kiersten is coming to my library next week so hopefully I'll finish this before then!




I recently finished Heist Society by Ally Carter. It was a cute story. For some reason I was expecting it to be a little funnier (maybe because Ally Carter was hilarious when she visited my library). But it was suspenseful and a fun caper story. I definitely recommend it.





Up next I have a couple of galleys to choose from. There's Goliath by Scott Westerfeld. I confess I skimmed through parts of this one to see what would happen with Deryn and Alex. And to see the amazing illustrations. 


Or I can read Variant by Robison Wells. I could go for a good dystopian book right now, and this one sounds like it's going to be amazing. Plus it's little tag line reminds me of the X-Files, which always gave me a good scare as a kid. 
 

What are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. Interesting selection! I love the cover of Heist Society. I haven't read any of Ally Carter's books but that looks like a nice lighthearted summer read!

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/07/www-wednesdays_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read Heist Society! I've seen it around the blogsphere quite a bit lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Book Gatherer, it really is a fun summer read. Ally Carter is such a nice lady, too.

    Shirley, I definitely recommend Heist Society. It's just a light, fun story. I think I finished it in a couple of days, so it's a quick one too.

    ReplyDelete