Friday, July 8, 2011

Follow Friday and TGIF





Q. Let's step away from besties...What is the worst book that you've ever read and actually finished? 

The worst book I've finished of all time would be One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. I read it as a sophomore in high school and just remembered thinking it was really perverted and weird. I wonder if I would think differently as an adult, but I'm not interested in finding out!

A more recent read would be Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. It was darker than what I usually read and I felt confused a lot. 

What book did you finish but not like?





Blogger Confession: What's the last book you could not finish? 
(or had a hard time finishing?)
 
 I love that the TGIF question is so similar! The last book I didn't finish actually reminded me a lot of Incarceron, which is why I stopped reading it. It was Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith. I picked it up as part of the 10 (book) Boy Summer but wasn't enjoying the dark, can't win no matter what, tone. I want to enjoy all the books I read for the book boy challenge, so I took it back to the library. 


Guess sci-fi evil prison books just aren't my thing.






This week on Read This Instead:
I reviewed The Knife of Never Letting Go. Why did I wait so long to read it?
Waiting on Forever and Supernaturally
The Freedom Giveaway Hop winner!

13 comments:

  1. Incarceron was dark! I had the audiobook of that one, and had to rewind and relisten to sections more than once to make sense of it. Had to give the story points for creativity, though!

    BJ
    Dark Side of the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Incarceron and did the skim & read with it. I had high expectations for it but it didn't pull through for me. I will give it points for creativity but it just fell flat for me
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen the movie, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I didn't really like it. We had to watch it in my Psychology class and I remember thinking the same thing you did when you read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog...returning the follow!

    I've never heard of your least favorite book...seems that there's a good reason! :P

    Have a great weekend,
    Ems

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh, I forgot about that one, darn!! I might have to change. I don't know which I couldnt stand between cucknoos' nest and lord of the files.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, I love book blogging. I don't feel so alone in my love, or hate, in this instance, for books. I didn't like Incarceron at all! I was stupid enough to read the sequel, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old follower stopping by! I haven't read any of those books, but I'm sorry you didn't enjoy them! Happy Friday and check out my Follow Friday and TGIF post on my blog!

    Kristen @suchateenagebookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh drats! See, I have Incarceron on loan from the library and I've been dying to read this book for some time now, so it kinda stinks that it seems like it's a bit dark and confusing. I'm still going to give it a try though, maybe I'll be able to decipher something out of it. lol.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read neither of those but keep meaning to! hmmm... may have to have a rethink!

    I'm loving this week's FF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. I really liked Incarceron, but I had more issues with Sapphique.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through from the follow friday hop. I am a new gfc follower as countrysunset40. Come on over to visit when you get the chance.

    http://tracystreasureofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same feelings about Incarceron. I can't finish it though! I've tried and tried but I'm just not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. High school reading is always the worst. I never had to read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, though.

    New follower hopping through! Hope you're having a good weekend. :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete