Don't forget to enter my Freedom Giveaway here!
Mr & Mrs: Who are your favorite book couples?
Can I just say that I had so much fun thinking about this question! I love a good like story. And I know I'm leaving couples off the list, but here are five favorites. And they're not all "together" but there's something there.
5. Noel & Ruby from the Ruby Oliver books by E. Lockhart. They're so flawed and so cute.
4. Ron & Hermione. Anyone else excited to see them (finally!) kiss in a couple weeks?
3. Cameron Quick & Jenna from Sweethearts by Sara Zarr. For the plastic ring alone.
2. Jonah & Taylor from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. "Because being part of him isn't just anything. It's kind of everything."
1. Peeta & Katniss (big surprise, right?) I think it was "Thanks for the tip, sweetheart" that made me realize they were going to be interesting.
Who are yours?
“What keeps you reading beyond the first few pages of a book, and what makes you want to stop reading a book and put it back on the shelf?“
A book that keeps me reading is either funny, or has characters I can relate to. (Or both) Right now I'm reading Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and laughing my tail off. Plus, who doesn't love a good road trip?
I'll put down a book if it's overly detailed, or if the characters are whiny. I guess I don't really care much about world building. I'd rather get to the plot, or spend more time with the characters.