Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Best of 2011, Take 2

Now that the year is half over, it's time to do my best of 2011 awards again. And I've been inspired by the different categories from Ink Crush's blog so there are more awards this time around.

Best book I read and reviewed:
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. I dare another book to try to one-up this.

Best book I read and didn't review:

How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Sandiford


Best books you probably haven't heard of:
Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan 

Best boy book:
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Best book boys:
Jonah from Jellicoe Road
Alex from Delirium
Peeta from The Hunger Games I dare another book boy to try to one up Peeta.
Joe from The Sky is Everywhere
Eric from Fire of the Covenant (an LDS historical fiction book)

Unlike anything else I've read (and I liked it):
This Girl Is Different by JJ Johnson 




Unlike anything else I've read (and I didn't like it):  
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

"I wasn't expecting to like you so much" award:
Wings by Aprilynne Pike



What are some of your favorite reads this year?

7 comments:

  1. Fun look at your year so far. I may have to copy, since I'm feeling especially blog dead these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, do it! I love reading people's lists of good books. I try to do it every 3 months because I have a lot of favorites... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. jellicoe road is definitely a good one. thanks for the recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I great list! I haven't yet gotten around to sum up my favorites from the first half of 2011 but I've planned to do so in the near future.

    Jellicoe Road is fab!

    Now I'm super curious about "
    I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan ".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel I'm happy you liked it. And yay for your blog updates. :)

    Ladybug, I'll Be There is a really cute contemporary story. It's serious and scary and happy and sad and occasionally really funny. It's too bad there's not more buzz about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got 'I'll Be There' from the library. I'm psyched to read it.

    'Jellicoe Road' is definitely my favourite from this year too!

    ReplyDelete