Friday, June 24, 2011

The Friday Hops

Book Blogger Hop

“When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?”


Reading isn't really my passion, but it became important to me once I had my son. I love staying home with him, but it uses a different part of my brain than school did. I love to analyze and hypothesize and discuss, and reading gives me the chance to do that. I think that's why I like to blog about books, too. I have to (try to) defend why I did or didn't like something. And I love it when there are comments that challenge my ideas.

Thanks for keeping my thoughts sharp! :)




Summer Love: Where is your ideal place to take a 
summer vacation & get lost in a book?

I brought a book when we went to San Francisco and never opened it.  But my favorite vacation places would either be somewhere with my very spread-out extended family, or the beach. I love the sound of the ocean and finding seashells and not being cold!


This week at Read This Instead
Kicking off the 10 (book) Boy Summer
4 stars for The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Next week!
Review & Giveaway of Ten Things We Did (and probably shouldn't have)
Awesome Authors (because one awkward Ally Condie story isn't enough)

14 comments:

  1. Hey - thanks for visiting StuckInBooks.com FF

    You should so read the Iron Fey series! I love those books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just blogging by, happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by from the Hop!
    So do you and your son both read books and discuss them? That would be really cool if you did! I think that any reason for someone to read, is an amazing reason! :)

    My Hop is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer. I'm not sure how I feel about defending why I like/don't like something yet, but I'm getting there. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I converted my website to a book blog after my second was born because I wanted to better remember what I was reading.

    I realized how important books had become in my life in 1999. Come see what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When did I first realize I loved reading? I wish I could prove a pre-natal predilection towards books but my memories don’t stretch back quite that far.

    The earliest memories I can recall involved books. First having them read to me then reading them on my own the minute I had the ability.

    Books have been a major part of my life ever since. My passion for the written word knowing no bounds, I started writing books on top of reading them about ten years ago.

    Want to know what my favorite childhood book was? Hop on over to my blog and find out: http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks guys! :)

    The Book Angel I definitely want to discuss with my son when he gets bigger. Right now we mostly read Elmo books together. :)

    Jenni Elyse I don't always have a reason, either. But I try to figure out why, especially if it's something I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. pussreboots I hadn't thought of it that way, but blogging is a great way to keep track of what you read. I'll remember that on days when I feel like I don't get much done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's part of my favorite thing about book blogging, too. Sometimes I feel I'm rather analytical when I write a review, but that's just how I think about things as I love to know how things work. Great answer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from the blog hop.
    I can't imagine a life without books. I don't know that I'm very good at defending my ideas about a book, but I do like how it makes me think. I can't just say, "Oh, this was such a great book!" End of story. Instead, I try to give reasons, as hard as that can be.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should come to visit here in Florida! Beach (check), ocean (check), seashells (check), gross jellyfish (errr...check) Just don't go to Cocoa beach. :D

    I'd love to go to San Fran! That sounds amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. kaye thanks! Sometimes I feel like I'm being too analytical or thinking about things too hard, but it really is just how my brain works. Good to know I'm not alone. :)

    @lex I don't know if I'm good at it, either! But I do try. Have a good weekend, too.

    Lisa Florida is what converted me to the beach! I have a friend who lives in Jacksonville and visiting there was one of my favorite vacations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to go to San Francisco. I've heard it's beautiful and lively. :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm currently living in MI and I hate being cold. It's so cold all the time here. I was even cold yesterday and put on my flannel PJ's to warm up. It's almost July!

    ReplyDelete