Wednesday, June 8, 2011

For Me? Really?


1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

Andrea at Andrea's For The Reading gave me the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Thanks Andrea! Her blog is great, by the way. She totally rocks the easy to read review. Her latest is on Sara Zarr's How to Save A Life.  

So, seven facts about me. 

1. Red is my favorite color.
2. I'm not much of a cook, but I love to bake.  Anything chocolate, or sweet, or unhealthy, or delicious.
3. I love being a mom. It's hard and some days are craptastic, but overall it's the one thing I could see myself doing for the rest of my life. Which is good, since I sort of will.
4. I had over 50 roommates in my six years of college. A bunch got married, or graduated, or went on missions. And I moved a lot.
5. I was in school for six years because I got a Master's (Educational Leadership). I know I currently have the written vocabulary of a seventh grader, but I could actually add abbreviations after my name and not be lying.
6.  I'm on twitter, @kathyreadsthis The 140 character limit is good for me.
7. I just got back from a vacation to (undisclosed location) so my husband could look into a grad school. I love living in Utah, but I could actually see my little family living in this new city . (scary! I've moved much less since being married). 


And now, for the lovely bloggers I am passing this on to. Even though it says to pick 15 I'm going with 5. I know awards can be a mixed blessing, hence the limited number. But you guys know I love you all, right? 

First, Jenni Elyse from jennielyse.com Her post on the WSJ article about YA books being too dark is one of my favorite things she's written.  

Next, Rachel from i heart . . . Rachel was one of my 50 roommates, and her blog is full of happy things. Also, she has amazing fashion sense. 

And, Ashley from Book Labyrinth She reviews such a wide variety of YA books. I love hearing about something new and different.

Fourth, Jessi from Reading in the Corner Her blog is so pretty! Also she updates on Hunger Games movie casting, which I can never hear too much about.

Last, Victoria from Birdy Books Her blog is also way pretty. She does great reviews of some of the newest books.  

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! :) That's so exciting!

    Thank you so much for the award! I actually received this one a while ago, though. I appreciate the shout out about my blog and post on the WSJ article.

    I just started following you on Twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Sorry to be a repeat. I know these get hard to pass on. But I did have fun highlighting some blogs I really like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the award. =) I love knowing people actually visit my blog, let alone that they appreciate my reviews. So, thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome guys! I feel the same way. I'm always happily surprised to see that people read what I write. :)

    ReplyDelete