Friday, June 17, 2011

Follow Friday



Q. Genre Wars! What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?

I have two favorites, dystopian and contemporary. Hunger Games is what reconverted me to reading, so it's my favorite dystopia. (Big surprise there, I know)

And I've always just liked contemporary. Maybe Little House on the Prairie first did it for me? This year some of my favorite contemporary reads were Jellicoe Road, The Sky is Everywhere, Anna and the French Kiss, and Sweethearts.

What's your favorite?

7 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised to see a lot of people say they love dystopians! The Hunger Games is one of my absolute favs in this genre, too! Great picks!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunger Games is a fantastic book and if I weren't so glued to fantasy as my absolute favorite, then I'd probably pick dystopian because of Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by to visit and follow! I love paranormal, but a good contemporary is just delightful. Anna and the French Kiss definitely falls under that category. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! Happy reading, friend!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  5. +1 for dystopia. Can't get enough of it and I agree that the Hunger Games trilogy was amazing. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Old follower here. I LOVED The Hunger Games. Have you read Divergent yet? It's a must-read. I really enjoyed that one. Have a great weekend!

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really have got to read Anna and the French Kiss. Everyone raves about it.
    New Follower
    Have a great weekend.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete