Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Put This in Your Beach Bag (Top 10 Tuesday)

The Broke and The Bookish's topic this week is:

 

Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag


         



The Ruby Oliver books: The Boyfriend List, The Boy Book, The Treasure Map of Boys, and Real Live Boyfriends by e. lockhart
The books are funny, the type of boy you like is bound to be in the series somewhere, and there's nothing that will make you do anything embarrassing in public (like cry).



Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
I'm posting my review of this tomorrow, so all I'll say is that I love a book that doesn't take itself too seriously. And there's a pink taser.



The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
If you want a little more meat with your summer fluff, this is a great book. There's still plenty of fluff, but have your sunglasses handy because this one will make you cry. (And just a content FYI - watch out for the sexual content. One scene in particular is more descriptive than I cared for)



The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
It's set during the summer, there's deliciousness, and its' a cute story. But it's also a cryer.




Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
This is what will be playing while I road trip this summer. I've got to get ready for the movie, after all.

9 comments:

  1. Nice choice with the Ruby books - I adore them! And Paranormalcy? So fun. I love Evie.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently listened to the Harry Potter books for the first time. Definitely great for road tripping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love listening to Harry Potter on audiobook. Jim Dale is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be my first time listening to the Harry Potter books. I'm excited. Everyone seems to love Jim Dale. I'm hoping he'll make the long drive via I-80 interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me as another one who loves Jim Dale. I've listened to this series a about 4-5 times now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of Ruby Oliver books until now. I will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I've got to check out these Ruby Oliver books. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never go wrong with Harry Potter and Paranormalcy :) Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to read E.Lockhart's books someday. Thanks for sharing your beach tips with us, kathy :)

    I would like to read something fluffy and funny on the beach. I went on vacation one year with a book that made me bawl on the beach, wonderful book but not for beach-reading.

    ReplyDelete