Monday, May 2, 2011

It's Utah Authors Month!

It's Delicate Arch!
Since I came in a little late for national poetry month in April, I'd better make up for it this time. May is Utah Authors Month! Maw books will be the hub of posts for the month, but I wanted to play along. Mostly because I love living in Utah. I didn't grow up here, but I've lived here long enough now that it's home.

So this month I will be featuring books, reviews, and maybe an interview or two with Utah authors (and illustrators). I'll probably even do a giveaway! Please vote in the poll and let me know what books you'd like to see. Or leave a comment.

And now, a couple of questions you probably don't might have:
Does this mean you'll be reviewing a bunch of Jack Wayland/Gerald Lund/Stephenie Meyer books?
No. None of them. There are a lot of Utah authors. As far as I know Stephenie Meyer isn't one of them.

Are there going to be a bunch of religious, or full of Utah/Mormon culture books?
Also no. There are some great "this makes more sense if you live in Utah/are Mormon" books by Utah authors but I'll be going with more well-known ones.

Are all the Utah authors you're featuring Mormons?
No again. In fact my first review will be Sweethearts by Sara Zarr, who isn't. Many of them are, and some I'm not sure about. Like being Catholic in Chicago, or Jewish in New York, you don't have to be Mormon to live in Utah. (But, yes, I am a Mormon.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to find out about some great authors from Utah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think many of the authors are pretty well-known... I just didn't realize they live in the same state I do. :)

    ReplyDelete