Monday, May 9, 2011

Children's Book Festival

We have a pretty library.
Over the weekend I had a chance to take my son to the Children's Book Festival at our library. They hosted children's author/illustrator Yuyi Morales and a bunch of Utah authors and illustrators.

So, in honor of the fun we had at the book fest, and Mother's Day, these are a couple of children's books I really like.




Fanny's Dream, written and illustrated by wife and husband duo Caralyn and Mark Buehner. It's a cute take on Cinderella, her prince, and her fairy godmother. The Buehners are also Utah authors/illustrators.







Mrs. McBloom, Clean Up Your Classroom, written by Kelly Dipucchio and illustrated by Guy Francis. I love the pictures in this one.
Guy Francis is also a local. He and my husband Rusty were the only male illustrators at a children's book fest last year, so we're fans.








The Boss Baby, written and illustrated by Marla Frazee. The story is so cute, but the pictures are really the star. The boss baby wears a cute little power suit onesie.










Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day. What are some of your favorite children's books?

7 comments:

  1. Also, honorable mention to It's A Book by Lane Smith. It's a book written in the style of a children's book, but really more for adults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rode my bike to the library on Saturday. If I had thought about it, I would've taken my The Clockwork Three to have Matthew Kirby sign it. Oh well. I'm glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Lane Smith the one who did the Stinky Cheese man? I love the powersuit onesie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni Elyse I forgot to bring my book, too! Every time I go to events at the Provo Library I wonder how many people there are book bloggers. :)

    Meg it is! He illustrated The Stinky Cheese Man (I don't remember who wrote it), but he wrote and illustrated It's A Book. We actually own that one so maybe you can borrow it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, that picture of the Provo library made me feel all sorts of nostalgia :) I sure miss the Provo library, but NOT Provo lol

    -kate the book buff
    http://www.thebookbuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate I didn't know you'd lived in Provo. It really is a nice library, but I can understand how Provo's not the place for everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete