Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Making Fictional Babies

In my high school Biology class we got to play a little genetics game where we partnered up to make fictional babies. Roll some dice, mix and match eye color or right handedness, draw picture of Frankenchild. It's the only thing I remember from freshman Biology, and I guess I've never recovered. Because I ended up with some strange ideas on genetics ever since. (I've mentioned my abilities to mix unrelated things up before, which often leads to my combining unrelated things.)

I don't mean this kind of genetics, like if these two had a baby
Look, it's Rusty & me!











he'd look like this
The little guy from my profile pic is actually 2
And a thumb sucker












It's more like this:
If Melissa Joan Hart and Idina Menzel had a baby,


it would be the girl that got cast as Glimmer in the Hunger Games movie.


But it doesn't just work for looks.
What would you get if John Green and Hank Green had a baby?
witty, swearing angst




 witty, sweary music (not in this clip)

Ben Folds, obviously.
Witty, swearing, musical angst











It works for books, too.
So, if Twilight and The Sixth Sense had a baby

it would be Kimberly Derting's Body Finder series.



I'm serious. I'm reading Desires of the Dead right now and enjoying it, but I don't think I'll have time to do a full review. So that's my take on it. Violet sees dead people, likes the slightly overprotective Edward Jay, and  has just met the dark, mysterious Jacob Black Rafe. Plus The Body Finder has some twists that could rival the whole Bruce Willis is actually dead plot line.

If you liked Twilight or The Sixth Sense (and especially if you liked them both), give these a look.


I can't be the only one! Come make up fictional babies in the comments.

8 comments:

  1. It's kind of embarrassing how many I could come up with... like how the dad from Diary of a Wimpy Kid made me think of a combo of Matthew Perry and Michael J Fox.
    Or how the boy cast as Marvel in the Hunger Games looks like a mix of Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid. Except, those are actually his parents. Who knew they had a kid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you gave me a good laugh :) I've never made fictional babies before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I don't think my brain can quish stuff together this well, but as soon as you did it was like *click* that's perfect...lol.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
    I'm now a new follower of yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative. I wish I could put these type of things together...this post gave me a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i make movie babies regularly. there are too many to name and i can't think of one off the top of my head. when i do i'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys!

    Rachel I'm excited to see your movie babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED your post! I'm glad my books were the love-child of Twilight and Sixth Sense (one of my all-time faves!), LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow, thanks for visiting (and commenting) on my blog! This has made my Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete