Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One of These Things Is Not Like the Others

My sister told me the other day that she once confused these two:

Jimmy Buffett
 
Warren Buffett
















My husband had a similar problem, thinking this kid
Joseph Gordon-Levitt











grew up to be this guy:
Not JGL













instead of this one:
Guess he doesn't have the
same effect on Rusty

















I'm not immune to mixing things up, and it's usually a lot more embarrassing when I do.

For example Dr. Ruth vs. Dr. Laura
Did not write The Proper Care
and Feeding of Husbands, per se














Actually wrote The Proper Care
and Feeding of Husbands














Or, the other day I mentioned I was reading The Golden Compass.
The book was Northern Lights.
I wasn't reading that either.














I meant The Golden Spiral.
There are no bears in this book.

Friend: The Golden Compass?  With the big bear?
Me: No, with the river and the time changing, and the girl and the blond guy and the dark haired one.
Friend: You mean Lost?
Me: facepalm






I'll actually be reviewing Lisa Mangum's The Golden Spiral soon, along with a book that had an Inception-like "I don't get what's going on, but I like it" feel, James Dashner's The Maze Runner.

Anybody else want to share what they mix up?

7 comments:

  1. you're so funny. yeah i'm sure there are some things that i mix up, i just can't think of all of them right now. i have read the golden compass but you're not reading it so it doesn't matter. i'm glad you started this blog because i'm always looking for good, clean books. found em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post. Other than confusing two of my own uncles, Patrick Swayze and Kurt Russell ;)

    I'm following from book blogs.

    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel you'll have to let me know what you thought of The Golden Compass. I've heard mixed things about that series. If you liked it, I bet I would too.

    Elisabeth I'm following your blog now too! I never thought about it before, but Patrick Swayze and Kurt Russell do really look alike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy,

    Thanks for stopping by! I'm now your follower as well.

    This post made me laugh! I've made plenty of mix-ups myself, I just try not to tell anyone:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL about JGL!!!! I must tangent there for a moment. Have you seen Brick? Did you realize that JGL is in a River Runs Through It? Did you watch 10 Things I Hate About You for that little cutie and then fall for Heath Ledger? Have you seen The Lookout or 500 Days of Summer? Yeah, he may be too young for me but I am a major follower!
    Great post--lots of fun. I'm a follower here, now, too.

    Ellen
    http://mymotherstuttered.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming by my blog and the good wishes on taxes. They're my mom's. Mine are filed. ;)
    Cheers,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deborah I should probably keep my mix ups to myself, too. :) Thanks for visiting the blog. I totally want to read your book if it comes out this way.

    Ellen I had no idea JGL was in all of those movies. I'd seen 500 Days of Summer but wasn't really converted until Inception. Maybe it was the clothes? You're so nice to do your mom's taxes. I"m off to pick up 7 different forms and schedules today to get mine done.

    ReplyDelete