|thanks to The Hob for the picture.|
I want to be excited for the Hunger Games movie, but I must get out a small rant first. Jennifer Lawrence does not look like Katniss, at all. At all. Like not even close.
Now that Katniss has been officially cast, I decided it's a good time to start managing my expectations for the movie. I've never read/loved a book before the movie came out, so this is new for me. This is what I've decided.
- The movie won't look like what it looks like in my head. Period. And I'll have to get over it.
- Things I loved from the book might not make it into the movie. Like Katniss being olive skinned and somewhat hairy; I loved how she defied traditional views of beauty. Jennifer Lawrence, not so much. And I'll have to get over it.
- They might add things that weren't in the book, and I will think they're unnecessary. Hunger Games will probably feature its own cringe-worthy version of that Harry/Hermione Deathly Hallows dance. And I'll have to get over it.
- The movie will probably be more violent than I imagined in my head. And I'll have to close my eyes.
- Even though it won't be how I would have made it (like I'd know what I was doing), or who I would have cast, I will still love seeing Hunger Games brought to life. And I'll actually pay full price to see it.
What are your expectations for the Hunger Games movie? Are there any movies you think have really gotten their book right?